Director, Producer and Writer, VICELAND (VICE MEDIA)
Toronto, Canada (April 2015 – August 2017)
- Responsible for 10 half-hour TV episodes of the multi-part documentary series “Cyberwar.”
- Traveled domestically and internationally to oversee shoots; worked closely with a host and DP in the field.
- Chief scriptwriter of three episodes, including the pilot that convinced executives to greenlight the series.
Senior Producer, AJ+ (AL JAZEERA)
San Francisco, CA (June 2013 – April 2015)
- Led five-person teams to make digital news videos and animations on tight daily deadlines.
- Frequently designated Acting Executive Producer; oversaw a Webby-honored video.
- Instrumental in launching AJ+ as one of seven original employees – the channel is now a cross-platform success and one of the most watched video publishers on Facebook (2.2 billion views in 2015).
Digital Associate Producer, CURRENT TV
New York, NY (April 2012 – June 2013)
- Created digital content for nightly TV news shows such as “Viewpoint with Eliot Spitzer.”
- Produced, shot and edited original video for Current.com.
Associate Editor, THE QUEENS CHRONICLE
Queens, NY (July 2011 – March 2012)
- Wrote six to 10 news and arts stories a week on deadline, covering Western Queens; shot photos.
- Spearheaded a partnership with Columbia University to enhance the newspaper’s content.
- Nominated for The New York Press Association’s “Rookie Reporter of the Year” award.
Multimedia/Production Intern, THIRTEEN/WNET (PBS)
New York, NY (May 2011 – July 2011)
- Helped launch the website for “Women, War & Peace,” an award-winning five-part documentary series.
- Reported and wrote news blogs for the site; edited audio-slideshows, photos and podcasts.
Assistant Video Director, BREAKTHRU RADIO
New York, NY (July 2010 – May 2011)
Managed a team of nine video producers to launch a music and news video channel; shot in the field.
Editor and Reporter, THE BANGKOK POST
Bangkok, Thailand (March 2009 – July 2009)
Wrote for one of Thailand’s largest English-language newspapers; freelanced after leaving Bangkok.
Travel Editor, ROUGH GUIDES (PENGUIN)
New York, NY (Feb. 2008 – Sept. 2008)
Chief text editor for several titles, including the Rough Guides to Rio de Janeiro, USA and the Yucatan.
Senior Assistant Editor, OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY
New York, NY (Sept. 2004 – Jan. 2008)
Defined three words a day as one of the youngest editors ever at the OED.
Master of Science in Journalism, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
New York, NY (Aug. 2009 – May 2010)
- Pursued a Digital Media Concentration.
- Produced a digital/video master’s project about a famed piano company’s financial struggles.
- One of my print stories was published in The Columbia Journalist (a student honor).
Bachelor of Arts in English, CORNELL UNIVERSITY
Ithaca, NY (Aug. 2000 – May 2004)
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude.
- Wrote for The Cornell Daily Sun.
- Coursework included narrative writing, graduate-level poetry and an honors thesis.
Languages: Proficient French. Conversational Spanish.
Digital: Adept video editor: Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro 7. Experienced video shooter: C300, DSLRs (5D, 7D) and other cameras; audio recorders like the Zoom H4n. Capable photographer: edit stills using Adobe Photoshop and Bridge.